Do men need a skin care routine? Yes.
Men do not need the same skin care products as women use.
Males do need to take care of their skin facial health if they want to look their best and age well.
There is a reason why gentleman need to use different skin care products than women. The reason is because men’s skin is a little different than females skin, due to hormones. Hormones are chemical messengers to the cells. Androgen hormones has affects on the skin. The hormone testosterone is an androgen hormone. Testosterone hormone levels affect the skin.
A man’s skin is thicker than a woman’s skin. Men’s skin tends to have more collagen and more elastic than women have. Males make more androgen hormones than females make. A man’s skin texture is normally tougher and firmer in comparison to women’s skin due to the androgen hormones. If male testosterone levels are higher, it thickens the skin. Thicker skin causes a domino effect in the skin tissues by boosting fibroblast cells to create more collagen, which allows the skin to create more elastin. Even though men have thicker skin texture, resulting in the increased production of more collagen and more elastin. Gentleman’s skin can still see the effects of aging by getting fine lines and wrinkles.
Men’s sebaceous glands are more active than women’s skin. The testosterone hormone creates men to have oilier skin than women. Men’s sebaceous glands are more active. Men have more secretion of sebum. Men can have more pores and larger pores. The active sebaceous glands causes pores to be a bigger size and look larger. Sebum and dirt can easily clog and congest the pores. This creates more noticeable pores.
When it comes to skin care, gentleman like to keep it simple, get the job done with no hassle and absorbing quickly. Guys want easy to use products. Nothing feminine, no strong scents, nothing fruity or floral scented. Gentlemen are looking for skin care for men not used by women.
Benefits to a daily gentleman’s skin care routine:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improving acne and oiliness.
- Improving dry and dehydrated skin
- Help with ingrown hairs.
- Reduce razor burn.
- Improved skin appearance
- Improves discoloration
Most gentleman like a quick and easy grooming routine, producing results. Some men use body soap head to toe. Using body wash to wash your face is too harsh, it can be over drying, can strip facial skin of natural oils, can cause facial skin irrigation. The skin on your face is a little different than the skin on your body. The facial skin needs a gentler cleanser because the face is more sensitive then skin on the rest of your body. Your body can handle more aggressive products. The one and done, head to toe body wash is not beneficial for the best looking facial skin and anti-aging prevention. If you are a man that wants to look your best, having a simple daily skin care routine will help you look your best.
A guide to a simple daily gentleman’s skin care routine.
- Using a facial cleanser (preferably for your skin type) – Do not body soap to cleanse your face, too harsh.
- Eye Cream – Hydrates the eye area, preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- A moisturizer – Hydrate the skin. Preventing skin irritation. Protects the skin from heat and cold temperatures.
- When leaving the house – Use a facial SPF would be a great start – SPF protects from skin cancer premature skin aging from the damaging UV Rays.
Once a week
- Once a week do an exfoliation (it can be a manually or a chemical product exfoliation) to get rid of excess dead skin buildup. – Exfoliate after cleansing.
- Use a treatment mask best for you skin type. – Use the treatment mask after exfoliating.
Men’s Grooming Product Line Mozzafiato – Italians are masters at Gentlemen Grooming over centuries. This gentleman’s men’s Italian has a complete Line of exquisite gentleman’s products from shaving to Skin care to cologne.